Edwards & Trenkle, PLLC
Penalties For Theft Charges Can Be Life-Altering
There are many types of theft crimes, and North Carolina takes all these charges very seriously. Even first-time offenders can face prison time and huge fines. At Edwards & Trenkle, PLLC, we have over 60 years of combined experience defending charges of this nature. No matter how you found yourself in a situation resulting in theft charges, there is hope for your case.
We represent theft and larceny cases involving:
- Unlawful taking of another’s property
- Theft of a vehicle, car parts or gasoline
- Theft committed by an employee
- Receiving or holding on to stolen items
- Identity theft
- Breaking and entering, or burglary charges
- Robbery with a weapon or explosive
Felony Charges From Certain Theft Cases
Under North Carolina law, certain situations can result in a felony charge. This occurs when:
- The stolen property is worth over $1,000
- Theft involves motor fuel
- You are an employee stealing from your company
- The case involves a burglary
- You steal a gun or explosive
Our team of attorneys can represent larceny misdemeanors and felonies in state or federal court. Additionally, both attorneys are board-certified specialists in state and federal criminal law. Serving as leaders in the field of criminal law, they are highly experienced experts with a strong track record of success.
Call For Experienced Help With Your Case Strategy
Call our Durham office at 919-695-7338 or our Pittsboro office at 919-545-5626 to speak with an attorney who will listen strategically to your story, free of judgment. You may also request an appointment using our quick online contact form.